The Polis Project seeks a part-time researcher + production intern with a demonstrated interest in politics and strong news judgment. With our weekly Dispatches Series, politics, and literary podcast, we are the go-to platform for in-depth political reporting and indispensable analysis on under-reported issues around human rights, state violence, and social movements in various communities in resistance.
- Research and prepare questions for Dispatches Series and other podcasts
- Assist with show audience and guests
- Pitch, research, and work collaboratively to produce segments for the Dispatches, politics podcast and five objects podcast
- Take part in editorial planning
- Help with other research
- 10-15 hours a week
- This is a paid position
- Strong writing and research skills and editorial judgment
- Prepare and revise multiple drafts of notes
- Fact checks and proofread material for shows.
- Editorial skills: Ability to recognize under-reported/ researched stories and address issues affecting various communities with empathy and dignity.
- Ability to execute tasks with dedication and attention to detail
- Self-starter, skilled at taking the initiative and coming up with solutions
- Intellectually creative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Send a pitch for two of the following segments a. Dispatches Series, b. Politics podcast and c. five objects podcast. For each segment, pitch a guest, reasons you picked the guest, and a draft of five questions you would ask the guest.
- Two references, with email and contact details that we can contact.
Upload the application as a single document.
Deadline: 31st December 2020
Queer, Dalit, Bahujan, and Muslim students/practitioners are encouraged to apply.