Call for full time position based in South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives)
The Polis Project seeks two full-time social media content creators with a demonstrated interest in politics and strong news judgment. With our weekly Dispatches Series, politics, and literary podcast, we are the go-to platform for in-depth political reporting and indispensable analysis on under-reported issues around human rights, state violence, and social movements in various communities in resistance.
Collaborate on the technical production of The Polis Project Conversation Series podcasts and the Dispatches series, and produce the monthly newsletters.
- Professional understanding of social media platforms;
- Experience in designing graphics for social media;
- Professional knowledge of Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud software (Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop, etc.);
- Experience editing videos and podcasts;
- Knowledge of WordPress and Substacks;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Attention to details, ability to work in a team and at a fast pace;
- Two-three years of experience;
- One year minimum commitment.
- Portfolio of past work
- Two references, with email and contact details that we can contact. (Full references will only be required from the shortlisted candidates.)
Upload the application as a single document.
Deadline: 31 March 2021
Practitioners from queer, Dalit, Bahujan, and other minority communities are encouraged to apply.